- Founded in 1975 by Jacques Chevrier, the company is formed into a corporation under the name of La Cie J. Chevrier Instruments inc. in 1978. The first office is located in the basement of the family home, then in a small house specially built for the purpose in the backyard, on Fortin Street in Montréal-Nord.
- The company selects and works with renown suppliers: Alnor, Badotherm, Cooper, Dwyer, ENFM, Fast-Heat, etc. (see Suppliers' List).
- In 1983, the office moves to Léger Boulevard, in Montréal-Nord.
- The year 1988 is a turning point. The company buys a building on Gouin Boulevard, still remaining in Montréal-Nord. It is then, that a calibration wind tunnel was acquired and installed; it is also that year that a first catalog was translated and published in French.
- The next year, Chevrier Instruments starts the translation of the first users' manuals.
- By 1995 a humidity chamber is developed.
- In 1998, the second generation of managers takes charge: Marc as General Manager, Denis as Technical Service Director and Pierre as Purchases Director.
- The year 1999 celebrates the obtaining of ISO 9002 certification.
- Now in 2000, Chevrier Instruments opens its WEB site.
Since its very beginning, La Cie J. Chevrier Instruments inc. has always been concerned with satisfying its clients by giving competent, conscientious and professional service in order to meet the exact need of each one.
Chevrier Instruments maintains an important stock so as to immediately fulfil all requests and as a rule delivery for the next day.
The team is formed of sales representatives with technical training and specialised technicians. The quality of the sold product is then strengthened by technical and professional support: respect of manufacturers warranty, certification and calibration.